Today I will be talking about something that to some might be quite controversial. Today’s post Is about CBD oil for your pets and what benefits It has for your pets. I will talk about what CBD oil Is and what benefits are for your pets for long-term health. At the end of this post, I will be posting 3 pictures of the brand of CBD oil I use for my dogs. It’s 100% Organic,Non-GMO, Gluten- Free, All natural& Organic Hemp Oil. I paid $37.00 with no tax For 1 fluid oz. Of product. And that Is a 30 day supply for 1 single dog. I have 2 dogs that I use It for and my sister uses It for 2 of her cats. Let’s just say the bottle Is almost empty.
DISCLAIMER: CBD Oil may not be for every pet. Obviously, check with your vet and do your own research. I did my own research Into It and I felt comfortable buying It. Please, no rude comments I will delete your comment and you will be blocked. I’m here to give my opinion on It and why I think you should add It to your pets vitamin routine.
The first thing I am going to mention Is what CBD Oil Is.
CBD is one of many compounds, known as cannabinoids, that are found in the cannabis plant. Researchers have been looking at the potential therapeutic uses of CBD.
Oils that contain concentrations of CBD are known as CBD oils. The concentration and uses of different oils vary.
what I mentioned above Is simple and straight to the point of what It Is. If you want a more scientific compound you can always google It? Or I can just put It here but I won’t since the post would be super long. Here Is a link explaining what CBD Is.
The next thing when researching CBD oil Is It Marijuana? And the answer to that Is no and here Is what I found.
Until recently, the most well-known compound in cannabis was delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). This is the most active ingredient in marijuana.
Marijuana contains both THC and CBD, but the compounds have different effects.
THC is well-known for the mind-altering “high” it produces when broken down by heat and introduced into the body, such as when smoking the plant or cooking it into foods.
Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive. This means that it does not change the state of mind of the person who uses it. However, it does appear to produce significant changes in the body and has been found to have medical benefits.
Most of the CBD used medicinally is found in the least processed form of the cannabis plant, known as hemp.
Hemp and marijuana come from the same plant, cannabis sativa, but they are very different.
Over the years, marijuana farmers have selectively bred their plants to be very high in THC and other compounds that interested them, either for a smell or an effect they had on the plant’s flowers.
On the other hand, hemp farmers have not tended to modify the plant. It is these hemp plants that are used to create CBD oil.
So for me, I felt comfortable In that Info and I went ahead to research the benefits what CBD oil for dogs. I do get laughed at or questioned what I do something for my dogs. Recently I started adding 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar every other day to my dog’s water. I won’t talk about that today that Itself deserves It own post because there are TONS of benefits to giving your pets ACV. I will give 1 reason and the reason that I started giving my dogs ACV Is that they both where suffering from constipation and I was looking for a more natural way to cure It. My friend came over and explained to me how much to give them and when to give It to them. I did and let me tell you by the very next afternoon they were back to normal.
So here Is the part that most of you scrolled to or have been waiting to read and that Is what are the freaking benefits of CBD oil for your dogs. There are benefits for cats as well but since I only personally own dogs the benefits are for dogs unless I state otherwise.
Here are some testimonials I found while doing research.
A senior Staffordshire Terrier had a 6cm mammary tumor and metastasis that disappeared in 3 months and didn’t come back …
A Jack Russell Terrier had a severe heart murmur and painful arthritis and, after a month, he wanted to go for long walks and his murmur was much improved
- CBD oil reduces anxiety In dogs and can help with separation problems. My Beabull has both. When I take my Pitbull for a walk or a trip to the vet without him he barks like almost yelling. Now when I give him his daily dose he Is calm and playful not anxious when I leave without. I am working with him to be my emotional support dog so hopefully, with training and CBD oil, he’ll be ready full the public full time.
2. CBD and other substances found in hemp and cannabis have been found to have an anti-tumor effect. CBD has even been shown to stop cancer cells from growing and increased tumor cell death.
1.CBD helps the immune system’s killer cells to cause cancer cell death.
2.CBD kills cancer cells by blocking their ability to produce energy.
3.CBD’s anti-tumor properties slow and inhibit glioma cell growth.
4.CBD can help increase the efficacy of conventional cancer treatment
Those benefits do the same for humans. Who wouldn’t want to prevent cancer cells from growing or stop cancer all together?
3. CBD oil can prevent Seizures Epilsey It’s estimated that up to 5% of dogs suffer from seizures. Most dogs with seizures are put on drugs such as phenobarbital and potassium bromide. While they may help control the seizures, they can be extremely harmful to your dog’s liver and other organs. And the drugs don’t work in all cases.
CBD has been shown to work well in drug-resistant epilepsy. In one study, 7 of 8 patients with epilepsy that was resistant to drugs saw a definite improvement within 4 to 5 months of taking CBD.
4. It helps relieve pain. If your dog suffers from arthritis or If your dog got Injured or just had surgery CBD oil can naturally help relieve the pain without you having to give your pet pain medication. Honestly, I wish I knew CBD oil was a thing last summer when my Pitbull had surgery. I felt so bad giving him pain medication that he didn’t even want. If I knew about CBD I would’ve gladly spent the money.
5. Helps with appetite. When a dog loses their appetite, it can be hard to know the reason why. Majority of the time, however, they lose it due to nausea. As a human, we won’t eat when we feel like that unless we take something to alleviate the digestive issue and receive pain relief. CBD can do this for your pet. Again If I knew about CBD I would’ve gotten this sooner for my dogs because like I said when my Pitbull had surgery he lost his appetite and I had to entice him to eat.
6. Helps with cardiovascular and other diseases. Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Autoimmune Disease, Neurodegenerative Disease, and Cardiovascular Disease.
7. Can help prevent/Treat Diabetes. I have a Beabull he Is a mix of Beagle/ English Bulldog with those 2 breeds he Is prone to diabetes. I give my 2 dogs a relatively healthy diet with organic fruits, veggies and good herbs like turmeric, parsley, basil, Himalayan sea salt, chia seeds, hemp seeds and cinnamon. I’m very fortunate that because of the things I do for them that they are healthy at almost 8 years old.
8.Helps with allergies. I don’t know about your dog(s) but my dogs suffer from seasonal allergies. My Beabull Isn’t as bad just some runny eyes and sneezing. My Pitbull, however, SUFFERS BAD! His chest gets red, he breaks out in hives, he licks his paws raw, he sneezes and you know what seasonal allergies bring. I can treat him for his allergies but CBD oil can help more by calming him so he won’t be focused on his itching and uncomfortableness.
9.Sleep. I don’t give CBD oil for my dogs to sleep because they know once I go to bed the come with me and they fall to sleep with me. I give 1 daily dose of CBD oil usually midday and It calms both dogs down for the rest of the day. I am able to take my Beabull for a walk and not have him chase every car or bird he sees and I can walk my Pitbull with or without CBD. I mainly give my Pitbull CBD for preventative health. Like I said I’m VERY fortunate that they are healthy.
10. Training. I mentioned earlier that I am training my Beabull to be my Emotional Support dog. So when I give him his CBD oil It calms him and we can work on whatever training Is on the schedule for that day.
11. Supplement. I give my dogs CBD oil for preventative health. It’s part of their daily routine with other beneficial things they get besides daily exercise and healthy treats.
12. No Side Effects. This Is the best part. If you follow the bottles Instructions there shouldn’t be any side effects unless If you give your dog too much. If you suspect that you did PLEASE call your vet right away. My dogs haven’t had any side effects because when I give them their drop I make sure It’s a drop sometimes a little more may drip off the applicator but that’s fine.
Here Is a link to the CBD oil I buy the prices online Is higher than what I pay In person at my natural foods store.
I do hope you stick around as I put out sometimes shitty content (SOMETIMES) other times I mean to post educational, Informative things than I just don’t. I am learning what people like to read and what people don’t. The one thing you will get from me Is honesty. If I post something It’s because I believe In It no matter If It’s a beauty review, recipe post, or just me posting a random post.
I just want to say Thank you to all of those who read, view, like, comment, and subscribed to my blog It means the world to me.
Here some links to my Social Media Handles
Twitter: Amanda Explains It
Snapchat: amandaleilei (CoffeeandGlutenFree)
If you have any comments, questions, concerns or suggestions on what you want to see next or what I could Improve on you can reach me here or on any of my social media sites.